Are you still looking for a reason, why are you wearing hijab? or Why I have to wear Hijab? Here is one of the most amazing answer of that very question. It came from a Nobel Prize Winner, Tawakkol Karman.
When Tawakkol Karman asked about her hijab by journalist, and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, she replied:
“Man in the early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved, he started wearing clothes. What I am today, and what I am wearing represent the highest level of thought and civilization that man as achieved, and is not regressive. It is the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient times.”
Bang! her answer of the question is really open up my mind, something that I haven’t think of. It is not just a simple answer like we all always did. Such as, I;m weaing hijab because it is a must in our religion. Or because God told us to do so. Or else.
Her answer is really represent her knowledge and intellectuality. How I admire her and respect her for it. Made us, women with hijab, also be more proud of wearing it. It gave us another reason to stay istiqomah in what we already choose and did.
For your info, Tawakkol Karman born in February 7, 1979, in Ta’izz, Yemen. She got the nobel prize in year of 2011 for her non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women’s rights to full participation in peace-building work.
- More about Tawakkol Karman (http://www.tawakkolkarman.net)
- Reasons Why I wear Hijab (azzahrasworld.wordpress.com)
- Hijab: Beauty Uncovered (lifebeyondthestatusquo.wordpress.com)
- The beauty of hijab ( sister from USA, now a hijab fashionista) (nujoomulayl.wordpress.com)
- About My Hijab (hananshahab10.wordpress.com)
- Hijab (thathijabbee.wordpress.com)
- Looka’ here (miscellany101.wordpress.com)